Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Going back to work and updates of school life

I'm going back to TCS next Monday (mainly to help them tide through this extremely busy aka shorthanded period).... I really hope that I can be of good help to them and ease their load since they are really busy. But on the other hand, I would want to be discipline enough to work hard on my studies since I am not very strong in them now. ACCA is really tough to pass with good grades. Hopefully this time round, I can learn more things related to my studies while working. =)

I have been quite "up-to-date" with regards to F5 Performance Management, adding all lectures, going for tutorials, doing homework (though I don't really know what I was writing about) and revising every lecture after lessons. I hope I'm on the right track. I'm not so worried about my other modules like Financial Accounting, Management Accounting and Corporate and Business Law. The most worrying one is Performance Management. It's quite scary! I was doing my tutorial homework last night (it actually eased my headache that I was having since morning) and I thought to myself, I'd better buck up and practise more questions. For that 30 marks, 3 parts question, I used about 3 hours to finish writing about 6-7 pages with some diagrams. 3 hours!!! I only have 3 hours in my exam in December to complete 4 questions! Argh!!! =( Even with the guidance notes that my lecturer gave, I can't really expand much especially in the last part of the question which carries the highest weightage of 12 marks. I had my notes and everything with me. Though I managed to write more than 5 pages (which was required by lecturer), most of them were merely copied from the notes. I felt really bad, not knowing how to write and expand on the answers with my own knowledge. This probably is a sign that I really don't know my stuff well enough!

Hmm... Back to the topic on 'Going back to work'.... I'm actually excited! Haha... Having stopped work for about 2 months plus, I feel excited going back! Hee hee... I've been very free these 2 months. Free to the extend that I sleep so much that I no longer want to sleep. These 2 months gave me the same kind of feeling that I had when I was at home the last time doing nothing - I can't remember when that was. I actually feel rather useless! Haha... Maybe I'm still the kind whereby I prefer to be busy like crazy than have absolutely nothing to do! Weird erh?! No sense of achievement I guess.. Wahaha! But soon probably you will hear me complaining again! Haiz.... Why are people so fickle minded?! LOL!!!

I think it's an issue between have and don't have! When you don't have it, you want it! But when you get what you want, you longer treasure it! That's human nature ba!

Hmmm..... School life.... Recently... Cool... But you know, it's not that kind of normal school life where most of the time is spent in campus... So it's a little different from what uni students actually experience. For my case, it's slightly different. I don't have to start in school for long hours, at most 4-5 hours.... Merely for lectures and tutorials! And not all papers have tutorials. I can choose which to go for. Haha... Probably the normal uni students will envy this point while I yearn to study in a local university! This is a dream that hasn't been fufilled so far and maybe it will never be?! Who knows..... God does! =) I made some new classmates while trying hard to survive in F5 class. And this is a class that knowing people is very important! Haha.. Why?! Simply 'cos if you can't be in class early, you need them to 'chop' seat for you! [JOKING] It's actually because sometimes the lecturer can be too fast or too 'chim'! Hee hee... (know my struggle now?) But honestly speaking, for F5, lecture starts at 6:45pm on Thursday! But by 6:20 more than half of the classroom is filled! If you want to get a good seat where you can see both the lecturer and the screen clearly, you really have to be there by 6:00pm latest! Haha... That's what I observed!

The rest of the lectures..... F2-F4.... I shall not comment! Nothing positive..... There's one particular one that is really disappointing.... =D

Time for bed!! Need to tune back my sleeping pattern before I start work again on Monday....

No comments: